Frequently Asked Questions about CameraFi.
Where can I buy USB cameras?
- You can buy it through online or at our CameraFi online store.
Does CameraFi work on iPhone?
- No, not yet, we are working on it. Once the camera manufacturers get MFI (“Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad”)program, we are going to make an application for iPhone. Some camera manufacturers are in progress of getting MFi and we will provide iPhone application as soon as possible probably in early 2016.
Does CameraFi work with GoPro?
- Yes, you can use CameraFi with GoPro by connecting it with UVC HDMI grabber card
Why do you use CameraFi when there are already cellphone cameras with high performance?
- With CameraFi, you can use special purpose cameras like microscope, endoscope, actioncam, dashcam and wearable camera, etc. Also, using cellphone cameras can be limited and with external cameras, you can take pictures and videos of things that couldn’t be taken with cellphone cameras. Using CameraFi can enable camera manufacturers to make much smaller and cheaper USB cameras.
Why doesn’t my USB camera work on CameraFi?
- Please refer to this link: My USB device is not working on CameraFi!!
What are the supported Android OS for CameraFi?
- CameraFi is designed to work on mobile devices running Android version 4.1 and above.
Why can’t you provide wireless connection?
- Currently, we can only connect wired USB camera to an Android phone, however, we plan to provide wireless connection in the end of 2015.
How can I save to my external SD card (for Android 4.4)?
- Unfortunately it is not possible for 3rd party apps to write to external SD cards. This is not a bug or missing feature in CameraFi, rather that Google have blocked write access to external SD cards in Android 4.4.