Frequently Asked Questions about Facebook Live of CameraFi Live.
Why can’t I use smartphone camera in Facebook Live of CameraFi Live?
- According to Facebook Platform Policy 19.2, CameraFi Live cannot use Facebook Live API to enable a mobile camera to live stream to Facebook.
- For more information about Facebook platform policy, please refer to Facebook Platform Policy (Live API 19.2)
** Is there a way to live stream to Facebook using smartphone camera through CameraFi Live?’
- You can live stream to Facebook with smartphone camera using CameraFi Live and Facebook website. First, open CameraFi Live in your smartphone and tab the left menu in CameraFi Live and change server to Wowza. Then, live stream to Facebook by putting in the Server URL and Stream Key from Facebook page.
- How to create Server URL and Stream Key from Facebook
- Facebook page that you want to live stream → Publishing Tools → Video Library → Live
- For more information about live streaming to Facebook using smartphone camera, please refer to How to live stream to Facebook with CameraFi Live using smartphone camera
What kind of USB camera can I use with CameraFi Live?
- There are many kinds of USB cameras that you can use with CameraFi Live. You can use camcorder, DSLR, drone, action cam, wearable camera, microscope, webcam, endoscope etc. Here are the links of kinds of USB camera that can be used for Facebook live streaming and Facebook live streamed videos using USB cameras through CameraFi Live.
- 1. Camcorder
- 2. Drone
- 3. PC: Game Broadcast through connecting PC with HDMI converter
- 4. Wearable Camera
- 5. Webcam
- 6. Microscope
- 7. Endoscope
How can I live stream to Facebook using camcorders or cameras with HDMI output?
- When live streaming to Facebook using camcorders or cameras with HDMI output, you need to have HDMI to UVC converters which convert HDMI to UVC. One example of HDMI to UVC converter is Febon 168 and you can buy this at online CameraFi Store. If interested, click Febon 168 at online CameraFi Store.
Where can I buy USB cameras?
- You can buy USB cameras through online or at our CameraFi online store.
What are compatible Android devices and tablets for Facebook Live in CameraFi Live?
- There are Android devices and tablets that don’t support USB camera connection, so if your phone doesn’t support USB camera connection, you might not be able to use Facebook Live in CameraFi Live. If you want to find out if your phone is compatible with Facebook Live in CameraFi Live, please refer to Compatible Devices List for Facebook Live of CameraFi Live
Why doesn’t my USB camera work on CameraFi Live?
- Please refer to this link: My USB device is not working on CameraFi!!
What are the supported Android OS for CameraFi Live?
- CameraFi Live is designed to work on mobile devices running Android version 4.1.2 and above.